First Classic Pasta Sauce
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned whole peeled tomatoes||28 Ounce, cut up (1 Can, Undrianed Or 3 1/2 Cups)|
|Canned tomato paste||12 Ounce (1 Can Or 1 1/3 Cups)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dry pasta||1 Pound, cooked, drained and kept warm|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Use a large saucepan, to brown ground beef with onion and garlic over medium-high heat.
2) Discard drippings and add tomatoes and juice, tomato paste, water, mushrooms, bay leaf, salt, oregano, basil and pepper.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Reduce heat to low and simmer the mixture without putting any cover for 30 minutes, by occasional stirring.
5) Discard bay leaf.
6) Place the hot cooked pasta over the platter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve.