Chunky Pasta Sauce With Meat
|Ground beef||6 Ounce|
|Mild italian sausage||6 Ounce, sliced (Or Hot)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chunky pasta||29 Ounce, stewed (2 Cans Of 14 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Stewed tomatoes||2 Tablespoon (Undrained)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot cooked pasta||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a large saucepan, add beef and sausage to brown.
2) Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings and discard the rest.
3) Fold in onion and garlic to sauté until tender.
4) Pour in stewed tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce and wine.
5) Bring the mixture to a boil without putting any cover for 15 minutes by frequent stirring.
6) On a platter, arrange pasta and spread the sauce on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4486 Calories from Fat 947
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g159.3%
Saturated Fat 35.7 g178.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 283.7 mg94.6%
Sodium 1733 mg72.2%
Total Carbohydrates 671 g223.5%
Dietary Fiber 34.6 g138.2%
Sugars 50.3 g
Protein 176 g352.5%
Vitamin A 29.1% Vitamin C 69.2%
Calcium 42.3% Iron 112.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet