Pasta with Chicken, Cream and Mushroom Sauce
|Boneless chicken breasts||3 (Part Boned)|
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Carrot||1 , chopped roughly|
|Black peppercorns||3 (A Few)|
|Water||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Button mushrooms||8 Ounce, thinly sliced (250 Grams)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Chopped fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried pasta||12 Ounce (Farfalle, Penne Or Fusilli, 375 Grams)|
|Plain flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Fresh rosemary||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) In a saucepan, combine the chicken with the carrot, onions, bouquet garni and peppercorns.
2) Pour the water and sherry, if desired. Allow to boil, then cover and poach the chicken on a low heat for 20 minutes until just tender.
3) In another saucepan, add the mushrooms, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper to taste in the melted butter and saute over a medium heat, stirring ocasionally for 5 minutes.
4) Turn off the heat and remove the mushrooms in a bowl with a slotted spoon.
5) In a large saucepan, allow the water to boil, mix in the oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add and boil the pasta, uncovered, over a medium heat for 10 minutes, or as per the instructions on the packet.
6) Remove the chicken, strain and reserve the poaching liquid. Slice the chicken into strips, discard the bones and skin.
7) Heat the mushroom cooking liquid, sprinkle the flour, stir and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then gradually beat in the chicken poaching liquid.
8) Stir and allow to boil, reduce the heat and stir in the chicken, cream, mushrooms and seasoning. Simmer over a medium heat, stir occasionally and cook for 5 minutes until the liquid is thickened.
9) Drain the pasta and remove in a serving bowl, then pour over the sauce and toss to mix well.
10) Garnish with the fresh rosemary and serve immediately with a mixed salad.