Low Fat Macaroni And Cheese
|Uncooked macaroni||8 Ounce|
|Fat free reduced sodium chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shallot||1 , finely minced|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon, mixed with 2 tablespoons water|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese||7 Ounce, divided (1 3/4 Cups, Mild)|
|Non fat ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
1) Follow package direction to cook macaroni, without salt. Drain water and place aside.
2) Use a medium saucepan to combine chicken broth and shallot.
3) Place the saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
4) Recue heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer 5 minutes.
5) Sprinkle flour mixture and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
6) Season with mustard, pepper, 1 cup Cheddar cheese and ricotta cheese.
7) Continue stirring until cheeses are completely melted.
8) Fold in cooked pasta and combine thoroughly.
9) Remove from heat and spread remaining 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese and parsley, if desired.
10) Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs before serving hot.
Calories 402 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.5%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.8 mg9.3%
Sodium 409.2 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 27 g53.6%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 75.2% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet