Low Fat Macaroni And Cheese
|Uncooked macaroni||8 Ounce|
|Fat free reduced sodium chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shallot||1 , finely minced|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon, mixed with 2 tablespoons water|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese||7 Ounce, divided (1 3/4 Cups, Mild)|
|Non fat ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
1) Follow package direction to cook macaroni, without salt. Drain water and place aside.
2) Use a medium saucepan to combine chicken broth and shallot.
3) Place the saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
4) Recue heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer 5 minutes.
5) Sprinkle flour mixture and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
6) Season with mustard, pepper, 1 cup Cheddar cheese and ricotta cheese.
7) Continue stirring until cheeses are completely melted.
8) Fold in cooked pasta and combine thoroughly.
9) Remove from heat and spread remaining 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese and parsley, if desired.
10) Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs before serving hot.