Sweet And Sour Tortellini
|Cheese filled tortellini||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boneless tender beef steak/Sirloin /rib eye /top loin||1⁄2 Pound|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced (1 Small Clove)|
|Sweet and sour sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Onion||1 Medium, chunked|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small, chunked|
|Green bell pepper||1 Small, chunked|
1) Chop meat into thin pieces.
2) In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, soy sauce and garlic.
3) Coat meat with this mixture and leave aside for 15 minutes.
4) Omit salt and cook tortellini as per package instructions and drain.
5) In the meantime, make a mixture of sweet & sour sauce, chicken broth, sugar and sherry and keep aside.
6) In a hot wok or large skillet, heated over high heat, sauté meat mixture for 1 minute in 1 tablespoon of heated oil.
7) Take off the meat mixture from wok and in remaining 1 tablespoon of heated oil, sauté onion and peppers for 3 minutes.
8) Mix in meat mixture, sweet & sour sauce mixture and tortellini, cooking well but stirring occasionally.
9) Serve hot.