Tortellini With Three Cheese Tuna Sauce
|Cheese filled tortellini||1 Pound (Spinach And Egg)|
|Green onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Low fat ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low fat milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||6 Ounce, drained and broken into chunks (1 Can)|
|Shredded low fat mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan/Romano cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh basil/2 teaspoons dried basil||2 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
1) Following package instructions, cook tortellini in boiling salted water.
2) In the meantime, in a saucepan, sauté onions and garlic for 2 minutes in butter.
3) Beat in ricotta cheese and milk and then add in cheeses, tuna, basil and lemon peel.
4) Cook the sauce, until heated and the cheeses melt, over medium-low heat.
5) When done, drain pasta and add it to sauce, stirring well to coat.
6) If wished, garnish with tomato wedges and serve at once.