Penne With Oven Dried Tomatoes
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Oven-Dried)|
|Red tomatoes||2 Kilogram (Plump, Completely Ripe)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||3 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1)Preheat the oven and grease a baking tray.
2)Cut tomatoes into half squeezing out the seeds. Place on prepared baking tray.
3)Sprinkle them with salt, pepper and thyme.
4) Bake in preheated oven for atleast 45-50 minutes, checking them occassionally, until they are juicy and soft.
5)In a saucepan bring salted water to a boil and add 1 tbsp oil and the penne to it. Boil until cooked al -denter or tender crisp.
6) Drain and refresh penne in a colander, reserving 4-6 tbsp of the cooking liquid.
7)In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil.
8) Add penne, reserved water, 1 tsp salt and oven-dried tomatoes and toss well, shaking the pan.
9) Dish out onto serving plate.
10) In the same pan, fry the garlic in 1 tsp oil till golden.
6)Sprinkle the garlic over the penne and tomatoes and serve warm