Fettuccine A La Tuna
|Broccoli florets||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced green onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Low fat milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Low fat ricotta cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||3 Ounce, drained and broken into small chunks (1 Can)|
|Fettuccine/Linguine||2 Ounce, cooked, drained|
|Grated parmesan/Romano cheese||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
1) Take a small saucepan and cook broccoli and bell pepper in it for 5 minutes over boiling water.
2) Remove the vegetables from steamer after draining excess water from them.
3) In same saucepan, stir fry onion and garlic for 2 minutes in butter and mix in milk and ricotta cheese with a wire whisk.
4) Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in tuna and vegetables.
5) Cook the mixture for 2 minutes over low heat.
6) In a large mixing bowl, mix fettuccine with tuna mixture, tossing to coat well.
7) Transfer the fettuccine mixture onto a plate and if desired, add Parmesan cheese.
8) Serve hot.