Chicken Pasta Bake with Fennel and Raisins
|Red onions||2 Medium, shredded|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Button mushrooms||4 1⁄2 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Penne||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Raisins||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Boneless cooked chicken||8 Ounce|
|Low fat cheese||13 Ounce|
|Low fat mozzarella cheese||4 1⁄2 Ounce, thinly sliced (125 Gram)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Trim the fennel, reserving the green fronds for garnishing, and slice the bulbs thinly. Coat the onions in the lemon juice. Quarter the mushrooms.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan (skillet) and fry the fennel, onion and mushrooms for 4—5 minutes, stirring, until just softened. Season and transfer the vegetable mixture to a large bowl.
3. Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the penne (quills) according to the instructions on the packet until 'al dente' (just cooked). Drain and mix the pasta with the vegetables.
4. Stir the raisins and chicken into the pasta mixture. Soften the soft cheese by beating it, then mix into the pasta and chicken - the heat from the pasta should make the cheese melt slightly.
5. Put the mixture into an ovenproof dish and transfer to a baking sheet (cookie sheet). Arrange the Mozzarella on top and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Garnish with fennel fronds and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3101 Calories from Fat 1137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g196.3%
Saturated Fat 64.3 g321.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 514.2 mg171.4%
Sodium 4514.2 mg188.1%
Total Carbohydrates 296 g98.6%
Dietary Fiber 41.5 g165.9%
Sugars 84.9 g
Protein 212 g424.1%
Vitamin A 171% Vitamin C 162.5%
Calcium 372% Iron 73.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet