Sausage And Sweet Pepper Pasta
|Sweet italian sausage||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley chopped|
|Green peppers||2 , cut into strips|
|Canned italian plum tomatoes||16 Ounce|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Snipped basil/1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||2 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Snipped thyme/1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Penne/Rigatoni (tube-shaped pasta with ridges)||1 Pound (Diagonally-Cut Tube-Shaped Pasta)|
|Italian parsley||3 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Garlic||4 , minced|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
1. Using a sharp knife, prick the sausage.
2. Take a 3-quart saucepan and add ½ inch water.
3. Allow the sausage to boil, uncovered, for 20 minutes or till water is completely evaporated.
4. Cook sausage, turning intermittently, for 10 minutes more or till it turns brown.
5. Drain off excess water and keep aside.
6. Take a saucepan, add oil and add onions.
7. Cover the saucepan and cook for 15 minutes or till soft on low heat.
8. Mix pepper strips, cook, stirring continuously, uncovered for 5 minutes on medium heat.
9. Add non-drained tomatoes, wine, water, oregano, basil, fennel seeds, red pepper and thyme and boil.
10. Lower the heat and allow to boil, partially covered, for about 30 minutes.
11. Make ½ inch rounds of sausages and add to the sauce.
12. Allow to simmer for 30 minutes more.
13. Take a 6-quart stockpot or a Dutch oven, add 4 quarts boiling salted water and cook pasta for about 12 to 14 minutes or till pasta turns firmly tender.
14. Transfer back the pasta into Dutch oven after draining excess water.
15. Add garlic, parsley, pepper and salt to sauce and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
16. Toss pasta with sauce and top using Parmesan cheese and serve hot.