Homemade Ravioli Stuffed with Parsley, Lemon Zest and Garlic
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked shrimp||1 Pound, peeled and tail removed|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm) (About 0.5 Cup Loosely Packed)|
|Minced garlic/1 tablespoon jarred minced garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Zest of lemon||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced, about 2 tsp|
|Half and half/Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated mozzarella/Gruyere or swiss||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. For the Shrimp filling: Add 1 ½ cup of parsley leaves, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 pound of cooked shrimp, ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil and blend in the food processor.
2. For the ravioli: Cut the pasta sheet into ravioli sized bits and fill each bit with the shrimp filling.
3. Place another sheet of pasta over the ravioli and bind the edges using a fork.
4. Heat a pan of water and slip the raviolis into the boiling water and let this cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Remove the raviolis and drain the water off them.
6. For the Alfredo sauce: Melt 5 tablespoons of butter in a pan.
7. Add 2 cups of half and half milk, a dash of pepper and a tablespoon of minced garlic and simmer.
8. Add ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese and cook.
9. Add ¾ cup of grated mozzarella cheese and cook.
10. Place the ravioli on a plate and pour the Alfredo sauce over it.
11. Serve 3-4 raviolis per person on a plate.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4817 Calories from Fat 2605
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 290 g446%
Saturated Fat 111.9 g559.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2271.6 mg757.2%
Sodium 3303.3 mg137.6%
Total Carbohydrates 331 g110.4%
Dietary Fiber 15.6 g62.3%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 208 g415.7%
Vitamin A 299.4% Vitamin C 290.8%
Calcium 217.6% Iron 230.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet