Pasta With Hearts
|Mostaccioli/Rotini / other medium-shape pasta, uncooked||8 Ounce|
|Roasted red peppers||8 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Red pepper flakes||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper sauce||6 Drop|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|White wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Plain nonfat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shrimp/Boiled shrimp||8 Ounce, steamed|
|Canned artichoke hearts||8 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1) Follow instruction on package to cook pasta.
2) Use food processor or blender, to puree red peppers with red pepper flakes, pepper sauce, garlic and vinegar until smooth.
3) Use a small skillet to heat through the mixture.
4) Drizzle oil and combine thoroughly.
5) Pour in wine and simmer by reducing heat until mixture reduces.
6) Stir in yogurt into the mixture until warmed through.
7) Remove from heat.
8) In large mixing bowl, toss together cooked pasta, shrimp, artichoke hearts and yogurt dressing just before serving.
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 0.88 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.2 mg28.7%
Sodium 366.1 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 24 g47.7%
Vitamin A 49.6% Vitamin C 72.1%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet