Creamy Chicken And Red Pepper Pasta
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Pine nuts/Chopped walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Boneless skinless chicken thighs||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Fettuccine||1 Pound, uncooked|
|Margarine/Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasted red peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), prepared|
|Pitted black olives||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sliced|
|Romano cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
1) Over medium-high heat, place a small skillet and heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the pine nuts and cook for about 30 to 45 seconds, stirring, till the nuts are light brown. Keep shaking the pan. Remove the nuts with a slotted spoon and drain them on paper towels.
2) With salt and pepper, sprinkle the chicken. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet placed over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 15 minutes till it has browned on both sides and is longer pink in the center. Remove the chicken and keep in fridge till it is cool enough to be comfortably handled. Once cool, cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
3) As per the directions on the package, cook the pasta. Wash under running warm water and drain.
4) Place a medium saucepan over medium heat and melt the margarine. Add the garlic and cook till it has turned golden. Stir in the flour till it is smooth and cook for another minute.
5) Stir in the half-and-half and chicken broth very gradually. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat and continue to boil for about 4 minutes or till the sauce has thickened slightly and has also reduced.
6) In a large bowl, place the fettuccine and add the chicken, pine nuts, red peppers and olives. Coat by tossing gently and pour the sauce all over the fettuccine. Toss once again.
7) Add the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss and garnish as preferred.
8) Serve immediately.