Penne Pasta With Shrimp And Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
|Uncooked penne pasta||12 Ounce|
|Low sodium chicken broth/Low sodium vegetable broth||1 Cup (16 tbs), defatted|
|Roasted red pepper salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained (Fresh Or Low-Sodium Canned)|
|Medium raw shrimp||12 Ounce, peeled and deveined|
1) Follow package directions to cook pasta and keep warm, draining well.
2) In the meantime, take a 1-quart saucepan; mix broth, salsa and tomatoes in it and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
3) Minimize the temperature to medium and boil for about 5 minutes until hot and let cool slightly.
4) Into food processor or blender, pour the mixture and blend until smooth.
5) Put back the processed mixture to saucepan and allow to come to a boil.
6) Simmer the mixture for 2 minutes after adding in shrimp, just until shrimp becomes opaque and pink in color, being careful not to overcook them.
7) Take 4 warm serving plates; divide cooked pasta among them and pour over the sauce, distributing shrimp equally.
8) If desired, garnish with parsley.