Hombre Shrimp And Fettuccine With Salsa Pesto
|Salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Medium Or Hot)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Shrimp||20 Large, peeled, deveined and tails left intact|
|Fettuccine||1 Pound, cooked al dente and drained|
|For salsa pesto|
|Salsa||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided (Medium Or Hot)|
|Spinach leaves||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), rinsed, stemmed and drained (Firmly Packed)|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted pine nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) In a glass mixing bowl, combine Salsa, lemon juice, garlic and salt for the sauce.
2) Wash shrimp in water, dry gently and fasten onto 4 soaked wooden skewers.
3) Grill or broil shrimp for 5 to 8 minutes, tossing and basting occasionally with the sauce, until they are cooked well and keep warm with remaining sauce.
4) In the meantime, in a blender, mix 1/4 cup Salsa, garlic, spinach, cilantro, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup pine nuts and oil for the pesto.
5) Puree the mixture until thick and smooth after covering the blender.
6) To a large mixing bowl, transfer pesto and mix in remaining salsa.
7) Stir in warm fettuccine and coat it with pesto by tossing well.
8) Take 4 individual serving plates and divide fettuccine mixture evenly among them.
9) Place pine nuts and a warm shrimp skewer on the top of each portion.
10) Add Parmesan cheese and serve at once with warm sauce, garnishing with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.
Calories 1049 Calories from Fat 391
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 278.2 mg92.7%
Sodium 1310.4 mg54.6%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.5%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 61 g121.4%
Vitamin A 40% Vitamin C 41%
Calcium 36.5% Iron 48.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet