Pork and Sage Filled Ravioli
|For pork and sage filling|
|Ricotta cheese||10 Ounce, drained (315 Gram)|
|Lean bacon||2 Ounce, finely chopped (60 Gram)|
|Lean cooked pork||5 Ounce, finely diced (155 Gram)|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped fresh sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated fresh parmesan cheese||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dough||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Homemade)|
|Plain flour||12 Ounce (3 Cups, 360 Gram)|
|Safflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. For making the filling, into a bowl add ricotta cheese, bacon, pork, parsley, sage and Parmesan cheese.
2. Mix to combine and season to taste with nutmeg and black pepper.
3. Cover and set aside while making the dough.
4. For making the dough, in a food processor place all ingredients and let it process for about 30 seconds.
5. Mix in flour by the tablespoon, if the mixture feels wet to the touch, such that the dough feels soft and not sticky.
6. Blend in water by the tablespoon if the mixture is too dry to work with, such that the dough just forms a ball.
7. Knead and roll out dough to 1 mm in thick.
8. Divide the dough into long, 4 cm / 1 1/2 in wide strips.
9. Keep small heaps of filling every 4 cm / 1 1/2 in on half the strips.
10. Brush the remaining strips with egg and press them over the ones with filling (leaving the brushed side downwards).
11. Dab around each heap to seal.
12. Using the special wheel cut out even squares.
13. Boil ravioli in boiling salted water.
14. Drain well.
15. Serve with butter, grated Parmesan cheese and sage leaves.
Calories 738 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.3%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176.3 mg58.8%
Sodium 1014.7 mg42.3%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 32 g63.1%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet