Midsummer'S Night Split Peas And Pasta
|Rotini pasta||2 Pound (Uncooked, Corkscrew)|
|Green split peas/Usa yellow spit peas||2 Cup (32 tbs), washed|
|Cold water||1 Quart|
|Roasted turkey breast||1 Pound, thinly sliced, or smoked|
|Shredded carrot||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped red bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced black olives||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced green onions||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1 Quart|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Tarragon vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a pan add water, cook pasta as per package directions, drain, rinse under cool water, drain and cool keeping aside.
2. In a large saucepan bring split peas in water to a boil over high heat.
3. Lowering the heat to medium-low, simmer for 20 minutes with cover such that peas are tender.
4. Drain the peas and keep aside to cool.
5. In a large bowl or container combine pasta, peas, turkey, carrots, bell pepper, olives, green onions, cheese and parsley.
6. In a small bowl combine yogurt, garlic, vinegar, oil, ground mustard, oregano, basil, red pepper and salt such that they are well blended.
7. Serve after tossing the split pea mixture with dressing and refrigerate for 2 hours with cover.