Fettuccine Alla Carbonara
|Light cream/Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Freshly grated romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a kettle or stockpot, bring salted water to a boil.
2) In a skillet, fry the bacon till it is crisp and then drain on paper towles. Cut bacon into small pieces.
3) Into a bowl, break the eggs and beat them lightly. Keep aside
4) In a saucepan, heat the cheese and 1 cup of cream, stirring constantly so as to combine the ingredients till they are thoroughly warmed.
5) Into boiling salted water, stir the fettuccine and stir once again. Cook for 2 minutes if fresh fettuccine is being used and in case dried is being used, cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
6) In colander, drain the pasta and put it back in the stockpot. Stir in the butter.
7) Add half of the warmed cheese and cream. Toss and cover.
8) Raise the heat under the pasta, add the eggs, bacon slices and the remaining mixture of cheese and cream. Toss properly till the mixture is thoroughly heated.
9) Serve hot.
If the pasta seems too dry, add about 1/2 cup of cream.