Fettuccine Alla Carbonara
|Light cream/Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Freshly grated romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a kettle or stockpot, bring salted water to a boil.
2) In a skillet, fry the bacon till it is crisp and then drain on paper towles. Cut bacon into small pieces.
3) Into a bowl, break the eggs and beat them lightly. Keep aside
4) In a saucepan, heat the cheese and 1 cup of cream, stirring constantly so as to combine the ingredients till they are thoroughly warmed.
5) Into boiling salted water, stir the fettuccine and stir once again. Cook for 2 minutes if fresh fettuccine is being used and in case dried is being used, cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
6) In colander, drain the pasta and put it back in the stockpot. Stir in the butter.
7) Add half of the warmed cheese and cream. Toss and cover.
8) Raise the heat under the pasta, add the eggs, bacon slices and the remaining mixture of cheese and cream. Toss properly till the mixture is thoroughly heated.
9) Serve hot.
If the pasta seems too dry, add about 1/2 cup of cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3819 Calories from Fat 1961
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 222 g341.8%
Saturated Fat 126.5 g632.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1075.9 mg358.6%
Sodium 1617.3 mg67.4%
Total Carbohydrates 341 g113.8%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 104 g207.2%
Vitamin A 124.3% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 85.1% Iron 57.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet