Pasta Puttanesca With Sardines
|Marinara sauce||26 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Kalamata olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), pitted|
|Sardines in oil||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fusilli/Rigatoni pasta||12 Ounce|
1) Chop olives roughly along with capers.
2) Follow the package directions to cook pasta until al dente.
3) In the meantime, take a medium saucepan; pour marinara sauce in it and cook over medium-high heat.
4) Stir in chopped olives with capers and drained sardines.
5) Use a spoon to break up sardines and if desired, add in black pepper.
6) In a large bowl, place the cooked pasta after draining well.
7) Pour the cooked sauce on pasta and toss well to coat.
8) Garnish as desired and serve hot.
Calories 1108 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.9 mg32.6%
Sodium 1332.9 mg55.5%
Total Carbohydrates 152 g50.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.9%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 47 g94.2%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.62%
Calcium 4% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet