Pasta Puttanesca With Sardines
|Marinara sauce||26 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Kalamata olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), pitted|
|Sardines in oil||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fusilli/Rigatoni pasta||12 Ounce|
1) Chop olives roughly along with capers.
2) Follow the package directions to cook pasta until al dente.
3) In the meantime, take a medium saucepan; pour marinara sauce in it and cook over medium-high heat.
4) Stir in chopped olives with capers and drained sardines.
5) Use a spoon to break up sardines and if desired, add in black pepper.
6) In a large bowl, place the cooked pasta after draining well.
7) Pour the cooked sauce on pasta and toss well to coat.
8) Garnish as desired and serve hot.