Sonoma Fettuccine Alfredo
|Dried fettuccine||1⁄2 Pound|
|Marinated dried tomatoes||8 Ounce, undrained (1 Jar)|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided|
|Grated fresh parmesan cheese||3 Ounce|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped chives||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a large pot of boiling salted water, prepare pasta for 5 to 8 minutes until just soft and drain well, when done.
2) In the meantime, into a large skillet, drain tomato marinating oil, saving the tomatoes, after cutting in half.
3) Pour in 1/2 cup cream and stir cook the mixture for about 3 minutes over high heat until slightly thickened.
4) Mix in cooked pasta gently on reducing heat to medium followed by 1/2 cup cheese, remaining cream and saved tomatoes.
5) Toss pasta gently and repeat the same with the left over cheese and cream.
6) Add seasonings and arrange the mixture on warmed individual pasta bowls or large platter.
7) Garnish with chives and nutmeg and serve at once.
Calories 1527 Calories from Fat 819
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.4%
Saturated Fat 47.5 g237.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 286 mg95.3%
Sodium 932.4 mg38.9%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.4%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g49.8%
Sugars 22.6 g
Protein 39 g77.4%
Vitamin A 23.4% Vitamin C 22%
Calcium 59.6% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet