Sonoma Fettuccine Alfredo
|Dried fettuccine||1⁄2 Pound|
|Marinated dried tomatoes||8 Ounce, undrained (1 Jar)|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided|
|Grated fresh parmesan cheese||3 Ounce|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped chives||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a large pot of boiling salted water, prepare pasta for 5 to 8 minutes until just soft and drain well, when done.
2) In the meantime, into a large skillet, drain tomato marinating oil, saving the tomatoes, after cutting in half.
3) Pour in 1/2 cup cream and stir cook the mixture for about 3 minutes over high heat until slightly thickened.
4) Mix in cooked pasta gently on reducing heat to medium followed by 1/2 cup cheese, remaining cream and saved tomatoes.
5) Toss pasta gently and repeat the same with the left over cheese and cream.
6) Add seasonings and arrange the mixture on warmed individual pasta bowls or large platter.
7) Garnish with chives and nutmeg and serve at once.