Vermicelli with Vegetables
|Hot tap water||1 Quart|
|Vermicelli||8 Ounce (Thin Spaghetti)|
|Broccoli flowerets||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use Fresh)|
|Cauliflower flowerets||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use Fresh)|
|Fresh mushrooms||4 Ounce, cleaned and sliced lengthwise|
|Zucchini||1 Small, sliced|
|Cooked ham strips||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped chives||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Grated parmesan cheese/Grated romano cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Take a 2-quart glass measuring pitcher and add salt and water into it. Wrap it with plastic and microwave it for 9 minutes at high and bring it to boil.
2. Put vermicelli into the boiling water and microwave it by covering for about 6 minutes at high.
3. Take it out from oven and keep it aside for about minutes. Don’t remove the cover during this time. Afterwards drain the vermicelli.
4. Take a 2-quart glass measuring pitcher and add vegetables into it. Wrap it with plastic. Microwave it at High for about 6 minutes and stir them once.
5. Combine the ham with cooked vegetables and stir it well. Leave it covered in the meanwhile start preparing the sauce.
6. For preparing the sauce: mix butter, chives, cream, pepper, basil and nutmeg in a 1-quart glass measuring cup and microwave it uncovered at High for about 3 minutes. Stir the mixture once during the cooking period.
7. Add ham and vegetables to the drained vermicelli and add cheese and sauce. Toss the mixture until it gets coated well.
8. Serve as required.
Calories 495 Calories from Fat 210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.2%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g69.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.5 mg24.2%
Sodium 644 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 20 g39.9%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 60.1%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet