Spaghetti With Seafood Marinara Sauce
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Spaghetti||10 Ounce, uncooked (Dry Form)|
|Flat anchovy fillets||6 , minced|
|Fresh ripe tomatoes||5 Large, seeded and chopped|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil leaves||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound, shelled and deveined (Use Fresh)|
|Fresh scallops||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 3/4 inch pieces|
|Chopped fresh parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh basil leaves||8 (For Garnish)|
1) Place the oysters under cold running water and scrub them well with a stiff brush.
2) Put them on tray and help oysters relax by refrigerating for 1 hour.
3) Remove the shell of oysters, saving oyster.
4) Into a small bowl, strain oyster liquor through the thickness of three dampened cheesecloth and keep aside for later use.
5) In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti for 8 to 10 minutes just until al dente and keep warm after draining well.
6) Take a 3-quart saucepan; heat oil in it over medium-high heat and sauté onion for 4 minutes until translucent.
7) Stir in garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
8) Pour in wine, cooking for 4 to 5 minutes until wine has evaporated.
9) Remove the mixture from heat and keep aside, covered.
10) Mix saved oyster liquor and anchovies with the cooked onion mixture and then stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, salt, oregano and pepper.
11) Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil.
12) Minimize the heat to medium and uncover and cook for 20 minutes till the sauce thickens, stirring only when needed.
13) Add in shrimp, scallops and oysters and cook, covered for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn opaque and are cooked well.
14) Flavor with parsley.
15) In a large serving bowl, mix hot spaghetti with seafood sauce, stirring to coat well.
16) Serve at once and garnish, if desired.