Fettuccine Romano Aldana
|Fettuccine||6 Ounce, cooked, drained (Use Plain Variety)|
|Spinach fettuccine||6 Ounce, cooked, drained|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Chopped green onions with tops||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), divided|
|Grated romano cheese||6 Ounce, divided (1 1/2 Cups, Wisconsin Made)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Prosciutto ham||1⁄3 Pound, julienned|
|White pepper||To Taste|
1) Use a large skillet, to melt 1/4 cup butter over medium-high heat.
2) Sauté mushrooms and onions in butter until tender.
3) Remove from skillet and set aside.
4) Pour in remaining 1/2 cup butter to skillet and heat until lightly browned.
5) Pour in 1 cup cream and bring it to a boil.
6) Reduce heat to low to simmer the cream until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
7) Fold in pasta, 1 cup cream, 1 cup cheese and nutmeg; combine lightly.
8) Add remaining cream and cheese with mushroom mixture and prosciutto.
9) In a bowl, place hot pasta mixture to top with the cream mushroom combination.
10) Season with pepper before serving.