Orzo Risotto With Shrimp And Vegetables
|Non stick cooking spray||1|
|Zucchini||1 , cut into halves, then sliced|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dried sage leaves||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Uncooked orzo pasta||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Canned fat free reduced sodium chicken broth||28 Ounce (2 Cans)|
|Shrimp||8 Ounce, peeled and deveined|
|Frozen peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), thawed|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a large saucepan, heated over moderate heat, spray cooking spray and sauté zucchini and lemon peel for 2 to 3 minutes until zucchini is soft.
2) Remove the mixture from saucepan and keep aside.
3) In the same saucepan, sauté mushrooms, onion, garlic, sage and thyme for 2 to 3 minutes until onion is translucent.
4) Add in orzo and sauté until browned.
5) In the meantime, take a medium saucepan and allow chicken broth to come to a boil in it.
6) Mix broth with orzo mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly.
7) Allow broth to be absorbed fully before adding next 1/2 cup and cook further for 10 to 15 minutes until orzo is soft.
8) Into the orzo mixture, add shrimp and peas during last half of cooking time and mix well.
9) In the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking time, add in zucchini mixture and then cheese and seasonings.
10) Serve hot.
Calories 390 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93 mg31%
Sodium 393.3 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.8%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 27 g54.2%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 34.8%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet