San Marco's Chili Pepper Penne Salad
|Chili pepper penne rigate||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Diced avocado||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Large)|
|Julienned red onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Anaheim chilies||1 Cup (16 tbs), seeded, sliced|
|Diced tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Large)|
|Sliced cucumber||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), peeled, seeded|
|Light soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Into a pan add water and cook the pasta as per directions on the package.
2. Take a colander, add the pasta when al dente and rinse with cold water such that it is cool to touch.
3. In a large mixing bowl add the pasta well after draining well.
4. Add all the vegetables to the pasta, then toss and set aside.
5. Take a separate mixing bowl and whisk together soy sauce, lime juice, oil, vinegar and spices such that they mix well.
6. Over pasta and vegetables pour the salad dressing, toss well and serve.
Calories 684 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.3%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 219 mg73%
Sodium 2318.4 mg96.6%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.4%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 33 g65.1%
Vitamin A 40.9% Vitamin C 62.5%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 34.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet