Vermicelli With Pork
|Rice vermicelli/Bean threads||4 Ounce (Chinese)|
|Green onions with tops||3 , divided|
|Minced fresh ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot bean sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lean ground pork||6 Ounce|
|Hot chili pepper||1 Small, seeded and finely chopped (Red Or Green)|
1) Take 2 large bowls; cover vermicelli and mushrooms with hot water separately in them and leave aside for 30 minutes.
2) In the meantime, slice two onions into thin pieces and save the remaining for garnish by cutting it into 1 1/2-inch slices.
3) Drain vermicelli and mushrooms and make 4-inch pieces from vermicelli.
4) Press out the excess water from mushrooms as much as possible.
5) Remove mushroom stems and slice caps into thin pieces.
6) In a small bowl, mix ginger and hot bean sauce and keep aside.
7) In another small bowl, mix chicken broth, soy sauce and sherry and keep aside.
8) In a wok or large skillet, sauté pork in hot oil for about 2 minutes over high heat until it loses its pink color.
9) Stir in chili pepper, sliced onions and bean sauce mixture and sauté for 1 minute.
10) Pour in chicken broth mixture, vermicelli and mushrooms and uncover and simmer for about 5 minutes until almost all liquid is absorbed.
11) Garnish with onion slivers and serve hot.