Tortellini With Pumpkin Red Pepper Sauce
|Refrigerated cheese tortellini||18 Ounce, cooked, drained and kept warm (2 Packages, 9 Ounces Each)|
|Chopped onion||1 Medium (1 Cup)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Chopped red bell pepper||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (1 Large)|
|Butter/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned solid pack pumpkin||16 Ounce (1 3/4 Cups, 1 Can)|
|Canned diced tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained (1 3/4 Cups, 1 Can)|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Dried basil leaves||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Use a medium saucepan, to cook onion, garlic and bell pepper in butter over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until soft.
2) Fold in pumpkin, tomatoes, chicken broth, basil, salt and black pepper and stir properly.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Reduce heat to low and cook gently over medium heat for 5 minutes.
5) In a bowl, place the pasta and top with the sauce before serving.