Penne With Artichokes
|Frozen artichoke hearts||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Oil packed sun dried tomatoes||2 Ounce, drained|
|Dried red chilies||2 Small, crushed|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Uncooked penne||12 Ounce, hot cooked, drained|
|Grated romano cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a medium saucepan and cook artichoke hearts in it with water and lemon juice, over medium heat, until soft.
2) Cut artichoke hearts into four on cooling, saving the cooking liquid in saucepan for later use.
3) In a large skillet, sauté 5 whole cloves garlic in 1 1/2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until golden.
4) Add in tomatoes and cooked artichoke hearts and allow the mixture to simmer for 1 minute after reducing heat to low.
5) Pour in chilies, parsley, saved cooking liquid and seasonings and boil for 5 minutes.
6) Take off whole cloves garlic from the sauce.
7) In the meantime, take a small saucepan and sauté bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon chopped garlic in it in remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
8) Take a large bowl; put penne in it and pour over artichoke sauce, tossing penne gently to coat.
9) Top with bread crumb mixture and cheese.
10) Serve hot.