Tetrazzini Pasta Supper
|Salted water||6 Quart|
|Pasta||16 Ounce (1 Package, Tubular, Such As Ziti Or Penne)|
|Scallions||3 , minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Shiitake mushrooms/Fresh domestic mushrooms, sliced||1 Pound, stems removed and caps sliced|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried tarragon leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Coarsely chopped cooked chicken/Turkey||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Use a large saucepan to boil water over high heat.
2) Follow the package direction to cook pasta until tender.
3) Drain water by reserving 1 cup from pasta.
4) Use a large serving bowl, to place the pasta.
5) In a large skillet, melt butter over low heat.
6) Sauté scallions and garlic to cook for about 1 minute or until tender, stirring constantly.
7) Increase the heat and cook mushrooms, sherry, tarragon and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
8) Cook for 5 minutes or until the liquid gets evaporated and mushrooms get browned, by constant stirring.
9) Place chicken to cook another minute longer or until heated through.
10) In a small bowl, add ricotta and Parmesan cheeses with about 1/3 cup reserved hot cooking water.
11) Place the warm chicken mixture over hot pasta. Spread the cheese mixture on top to toss. Season with additional salt and pepper; serve immediately.