Hearty Fettuccine Ham And Bean Soup
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned chunky italian tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Diced cooked ham||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned no fat low salt chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs), divided|
|Canned chickpeas||15 Ounce, drained, divided (1 Can)|
|Fettuccine/Elbows /rotini||4 Ounce, broken into thirds|
1) Take a large saucepan and heat oil over medium heat.
2) Stir in tomato sauce, ham, and garlic and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
3) Pour 3 cups of broth and stir to blend.
4) In a blender, make a puree by blending the remaining broth and the chickpeas.
5) Let it boil, reduce heat, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
6) Add in the pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
7) Serve along with Parmesan cheese.