Penne With Eggplant And Squid Sauce
|Eggplant||1 Pound, peeled, cubed|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large, chopped|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cleaned squid||3⁄4 Pound, cut into 1/4-to 1/2-inch rings, tentacles halved or quartered if large|
|Tomatoes||14 Ounce, undrained (1 Tin, 398 Milliliter)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Good Quality)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Minced parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Plus Another 1/4 Cup For Garnish)|
|Tubular pasta||1⁄2 Pound (Such As Penne)|
1. Apply salt on the cubed eggplants and keep it undisturbed in strainer for about 20 minutse.
2. Wash them and dry using clean tea towel.
3. Take non corrosive skillet and add oil to it and fry onion, garlic, eggplants in it until the vegetables turn soft and brown.
4. Add squid, tomatoes, dry red wine, thyme, oregano, salt, freshly grounded pepper and minced parsley and cook at low heat for about half an hour until the squid turns soft. Reserve some parsley for garnishing.
5. Cook the pasta in boiling water until they get soft, drain and keep them aside.
6. Take a large heated serving bowl and add sauce and pasta to it. Toss and blend them nicely.
7. Serve immediately on heated platter and sprinkle extra pepper and parsley over it if needed.