Butterflied Shrimp And Vermicelli Salad
|Yellow onion||1⁄4 Small|
|Tarragon vinegar/White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound, peeled, deveined|
|Vermicelli||8 Ounce, broken into 2-inch lengths (Uncooked)|
|Finely chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seedless grapes||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into halves|
|Sliced pimientos||4 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Oranges/1 cup mandarin orange slices||2 , peeled and cut into sections|
|Bibb lettuce head||1|
|Green onions||5 , sliced (For Garnish)|
1. For preparing dressing, in a food processor add yellow onion and vinegar and process using on/off pulses such that onion is finely chopped.
2. Process again after adding sugar, salt and mustard such that the mixture is blended.
3. To the running processor from the feed tube slowly add olive oil and vegetable oil and process such that the mixture is smooth.
4. Add celery seeds and continue to process such that the mixture is blended.
5. Transfer the contents of the processor to a bowl and set aside.
6. In a pan add water as per the quantity mentioned in the cooking directions on the pasta package.
7. As soon as the water starts boiling add half the shrimp and let it simmer 1 minute such that the shrimp turn pink and opaque.
8. Transfer the shrimp to a large bowl using a slotted spoon.
9. Repeat the cooking process with remaining shrimp reserving 5 of them for garnish.
10. Add pasta to cooking water, cook as per package directions, rinse under cold water and drain.
11. To the shrimp add pasta, celery, grapes and pimientos and toss with mayonnaise and dressing.
12. Toss the shrimp with orange segments and chill several hours or overnight.
13. Serve on lettuce-lined plates with a garnish using reserved shrimp and green onions.
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 240
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.8%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.3 mg40.1%
Sodium 379.4 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 22 g44%
Vitamin A 54.9% Vitamin C 72.7%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet