Manicotti With Creamed Haddock
|Smoked haddock fillet||1 Pound|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||6 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper salt||To Taste|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
1) Trim haddock and dry them.
2) Preheat oven at 375°F
3) In a wide pan add milk, haddock and bay leaves.
4) Simmer the milk slowly and the poach the haddock over low heat for about 10 minutes.
5) Take off the pan from heat, with a spoon take out the haddock and cool.
6) Through a fine sieve strain milk and keep aside to cool.
7) In a large pan boil water. Add 2 teaspoons salt and manicotti.
8) Boil uncovered for 15 minutes till pasta is cooked.
9) Pour into a colander and rinse under cold water.
10) Place on layers of paper towels to let it drain completely.
11) Take out the skin and bones from the haddock. Flake flesh into a bowl.
12) Mash with a fork till smooth. Gently blend in cream.
13) Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
14) In a pastry bag fit a plain tube. Fill haddock mixture in it and pipe into the manicotti tubes.
15) Grease an ovenproof dish with 1 tablespoon of butter. Arrange the tubes in one layer over it.
16) With the remaining butter, flour, and strained milk, to make a thick white sauce.
17) Add 3/4 cup of the grated cheese into the sauce. Cook on low heat for few minutes.
18) Pour the sauce over manicotti.
19) Garnish remaining cheese on the sauce.
20) Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes till it is golden on top.
21) Serve manicotti in the hot sauce. Serve with crusty bread and a salad of cucumber and celery in a vinaigrette sauce.