Meat Filled Ravioli
|Pasta dough||1⁄2 (Homemade)|
|Beef chuck||1 Pound, ground twice|
|Yellow onion||1 Small, peeled and minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Olive oil/Other cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian tomato sauce/Marinara sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Hot)|
1) In a saucepan, stir-fry the beef, onion, and garlic in oil over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes until light brown, then process through a meat grinder and return to the pan.
2) Place over a moderate heat, stir in the flour, and gradually mix rest of the filling ingredients.
3) Stir and cook until thickened, lower the heat and simmer without the lid for 5 minutes, then allow to cool.
4) On a lightly floured board, roll 1/2 the dough into a thin 14 inch square.
5) Drop teaspoonfuls of the filling in rows over the dough spaced 2 inch apart.
6) Roll rest of the dough into similar square and place over the first.
7) Press lightly over the filling, cut in 2 inch squares with a ravioli or pastry cutter like small pillows.
8) On a lightly floured tray, layer the ravioli, dust with flour, and allow to stand for 30 minutes. Turn over and allow to stand for further 30 minutes.
9) In a large kettle, allow about 5 quarts salted water with 1 teaspoon cooking oil to a boil. Add about 10-12 ravioli and cook for 7-10 minutes, gently stirring.
10) In a large buttered platter, remove the ravioli with a slotted spoon, cover with 2 tablespoons cheese and 3-4 tablespoons sauce and keep warm.
11) Repeat with rest of the ravioli, cheese and sauce.
12 Serve immediately with rest of the cheese and sauce.