Penne With Chargrilled Artichokes Roasted Red Peppers & Spinach
|Penne||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Artichoke hearts||6 Ounce, char grilled and preserved in oil (175 Grams)|
|Red onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Tender spinach leaves||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
1. Heat the grill. Halve the peppers and place them, cut-side down, on the rack of the grill pan. Grill for 10-15 mins until the skin is blackened and charred. Place in a large bowl, cover with cling film and leave to cool. Once cool enough to handle, remove the skin, cores and seeds, then cut the flesh into slices. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pan of water to a rolling boil and add a good pinch of salt. Add the penne, stir once, then cook for 10-12 mins, or according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
3. Meanwhile, drain the olive oil from the artichokes into a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 3-4 mins until softened but not coloured. Cut the artichoke hearts into quarters and add to the pan with the red pepper strips, tossing to combine.
4. Tip the spinach into the frying pan and allow to just wilt down, then remove the pan from the heat. Season to taste.
5. Drain the pasta and add the vegetable and oil mixture, stirring well to combine. Share among warmed bowls and serve.