Four Pepper Pasta
|Angel hair pasta||12 Ounce|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sweet red peppers||2 , cut into julienne strips|
|Sweet yellow peppers||2 , cut into julienne strips|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Snipped fresh basil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Take a 6-quart stockpot or Dutch oven, add 3 1/4 quarts boiling salted water and cook pasta for 2 to 4 minutes or till it turns firm tender. Drain excessive water.
2. Take a 12-inch skillet, add olive oil and heat it.
3. Stir in garlic and pepper stripes and cook on medium heat till peppers turn crispy tender.
4. Take off from heat and add salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
5. Transfer cooked pasta back to Dutch oven and stir in pepper mixture. Toss thoroughly.
6. Add basil and Parmesan cheese and toss gently and serve hot.
Calories 982 Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.3%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.7 mg4.6%
Sodium 441.9 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 142 g47.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.1%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 30 g60.7%
Vitamin A 101.6% Vitamin C 662.8%
Calcium 23.4% Iron 28.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet