Chicken and Sun Dried Tomatoes Over Fettuccine
|Chicken breast halves||4 , skinned and boned|
|Sun dried tomatoes packed in oil||7 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Snipped fresh basil/2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced ripe olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Make 1/2-inch strips of chicken and keep aside.
2. Extract the oil from sun dried tomatoes and chop them coarsely.
3. Take a 12-inch skillet and add 1 tbsp of reserved tomato oil and heat it over medium flame.
4. Add garlic and onion and cook till they turn soft.
5. Now, add chicken and cook till the chicken turns tender or for 8 minutes, by stirring intermittently. Continue cooking for about one more minute after you add tomatoes and basil.
6. Mix capers, ripe olives, pepper, salt, olive oil, 2 tbsp reserved tomato oil and crushed red pepper and heat thoroughly.
7. Take a 6-quart Dutch oven, add 3 quarts boiling salted water and cook fettuccine for about 8 to 10 minutes or till it becomes soft.
8. Drain off excessive water and transfer back to Dutch oven.
9. Add chicken and toss thoroughly.
10. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.