Linguine With Tomatoes And Basil
|Ripe tomatoes||8 Large, peeled, seeded and cut into bite size pieces|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into strips|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced ripe olives||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sliced green olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Linguine/Spaghetti||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Take a large bowl and mix Parmesan cheese, olive oil, tomatoes, basil, green olives, ripe olives, pepper, garlic and salt.
2. Cover the bowl and keep aside for 2 hours at room temperature.
3. Take an 8-quart stockpot, add 6 quarts of boiling salted water and cook linguine for 8 to 10 minutes or till it is firm tender. Drain off excessive water.
4. Transfer back to stockpot and add tomato mixture and toss well.
5. Serve hot with Parmesan cheese.
1. If spaghetti is used instead of linguine, cook 10 to 12 minutes.