Tortellini with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Teaspoon, melted|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Gorgonzola cheese||3 Ounce, crumbled|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cheese tortellini||9 Ounce (1 Package, Fresh)|
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Take a bowl and mix Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, marjoram, butter and breadcrumbs to prepare the topping.
3. Take a heavy 1 ½ quart saucepan and mix Gorgonzola cheese, nutmeg and cream and allow it to boil.
4. Reduce the heat and cook, stirring, till cheese melts.
5. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring continuously, till the sauce gets a thin consistency.
6. Simultaneously, cook tortellini as per the instructions given in the package and drain to remove excess water.
7. Mix tortellini and sauce and cook, stirring frequently, till the mixture gets thoroughly heated.
8. Take a 12x7 1/2x2-inch baking dish and transfer the cooked tortellini mixture to it.
9. Add the topping to the pasta in an even manner.
10. Allow to broil till top gets slightly toasted.
11. Serve hot.