Tortellini Bundles In Tomato Basil Cream
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Snipped fresh basil/2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||8 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Plus 1 Teaspoon, Divided)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Divided)|
|Italian sausage tortellini||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Phyllo dough||8 Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Take a heavy 1-quart saucepan and allow the cream to boil till it is decreased to 1 cup.
3. Add basil and tomato sauce and allow the mixture to boil.
4. Take away from heat and keep aside.
5. Whisk ½ cup Parmesan cheese and 1 tsp butter.
6. Follow the instructions on the package and cook tortellini accordingly.
7. Rinse using cold water and drain off excessive water completely.
8. Mix tortellini with 1/3rd tomato-basil sauce and keep aside.
9. Melt the rest ½ cup butter.
10. Make 12 square pieces of phyllo dough, each of 7 inches.
11. Using a wax paper cover the phyllo pieces and place a damp cloth on the top to retain the moisture.
12. Apply some melted butter, quickly, to one of the phyllo squares and top with little Parmesan cheese.
13. Arrange one phyllo square on the first one and repeat step 12.
14. Repeat step 13 for forming a stack.
15. Continue layering process to make three more phyllo squares stacks.
16. Take four 2-cup oven-safe bowls and apply butter.
17. Keep one phyllo stack in each cup.
18. Top each of the phyllo stacks with 5 to 6 tortellini and 1 tbsp tomato-basil sauce.
19. Seal the corners of the pastry together and brush using melted butter.
20. Keep in the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or till pastry turns golden.
21. Heat the reserved sauce and serve on 4 plates.
22. Keep phyllo bundle in the middle of each and serve hot.
Calories 468 Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.5%
Saturated Fat 22.2 g110.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.8 mg37.9%
Sodium 547.4 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 12 g23.6%
Vitamin A 29.6% Vitamin C 15.9%
Calcium 23% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet