Light Spaghetti Sauce
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic cloves||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crushed tomatoes||56 Ounce|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Use a large heavy bottomed saucepan.
2. Heat olive oil, over medium flame.
3. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes until soft.
4. Add chopped onion to the garlic and continue sautéing until the onion is soft and lightly browned.
5. Empty the crushed tomatoes from the cans into the saucepan and stir to combine with the onion and garlic.
6. Add seasonings.
7. Simmer the sauce on low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the sauce from burning.
8. When the sauce has thickened, add the fresh basil and cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Bottle the sauce and refrigerate. Use it to make spagetti with meat balls.