|Manicotti shells||8 Ounce (14 Shells, 1 Package)|
|Bulk italian sausage||1 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, cut up (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||12 Ounce (3 Cups)|
|Cream style cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Take a 6-quart Dutch oven, add 4 quarts boiling salted water and cook for manicotti shells for 18 minutes and drain excessive water.
3. Take a 10-inch skillet, add sausage and cook well. Drain the water.
4. Take a large bowl, transfer the sausage into it and keep aside.
5. In the same skillet, add garlic and onion and cook till tender.
6. Add non-drained tomatoes, oregano, tomato paste, salt and basil to this, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Stir intermittently.
7. Add cottage cheese, garlic powder and mozzarella cheese to the sausage and mix till they properly blend.
8. Stuff manicotti using sausage mixture.
9. In a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish, arrange stuffed manicotti.
10. Top with sauce and allow it to bake for about 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
11. Add Parmesan cheese to the baked pasta and serve hot.