Creamy Vegetable Tortellini
|Fresh tortellini||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, bias-sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Snow peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), trimmed and halved diagonally (Fresh / Frozen)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (Divided)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned quartered artichoke hearts||14 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Chopped pimiento||2 Tablespoon|
1. Follow the instructions given on the package and cook the tortellini in boiled salted water and drain excessive water.
2. Simultaneously, take a 1-quart saucepan and add ½ cup water and cook carrot, covered, for about 4 minutes and drain excessive water.
3. Add snow peas and continue cooking for about 2 to 3 minutes. Dain excessive water.
4. Take a 10-inch skillet, melt 3 tbsp butter and add garlic, allowing it to cook for 30 seconds over medium flame.
5. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or till they turn tender.
6. Using a slotted spoon, keep aside the mushrooms.
7. Add zucchini to the rest of the mixture and cook for about 2 minutes till the zucchini becomes crispy tender.
8. Using a slotted spoon, remove it.
9. Take a 4-quart Dutch oven and mix 3 tbsp butter and Parmesan cheese with tortellini.
10. Heat the mixture, allowing butter to melt completely.
11. Add artichoke hearts, carrots, mushrooms, zucchini, snow peas and cream, while stirring gently and heat thoroughly.
12. Serve hot.
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.9%
Saturated Fat 22.1 g110.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.2 mg41.1%
Sodium 556.1 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 19 g37.4%
Vitamin A 63.3% Vitamin C 44.9%
Calcium 37% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet