Straw and Hay Pasta
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Pound, finely chopped (Of Medium-Size)|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Or White Noodles)|
|Boiling water||6 Quart, divided|
|Salt||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a large skillet, add butter to melt over medium heat.
2) Add mushrooms and onion to sauté until the vegetables turn tender. Set it aside.
3) Place 2 large Dutch ovens over high heat to add 3 quarts boiling water, 1 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil in each of them.
4) Cook green noodles and white noodles, separately in these Dutch ovens for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
5) Meanwhile, add cheese, whipping cream, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to the mushroom-onion mixture and combine thoroughly.
6) Place the skillet over low heat to warm up the ingredients.
7) When the noodles are ready, drain water.
8) In a large bowl, combine the noodles with the mushroom-onion sauce. Toss all together by drizzling with mushroom sauce.
9) Serve hot by sprinkling additional Parmesan cheese.