Tomato Vermicelli Soup
|Onions||2 , homemade or any desired store-bought kind|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 , sliced|
|Consomme/Potato cooking water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Vermicelli||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Take a pan and melt the butter.
2) Brown the onions in it by stirring it often with a wooden spoon.
3) Add tomatoes to it and cook over medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes until it gets reduced.
4) Add thyme, parsley, bay leaf and sugar to the liquid.
5) Boil the covered pan with all the ingredients for 15 to 20 minutes by placing it on medium heat.
6) Mash the ingredients with the back of a wooden spoon while forcing the liquid through a sieve.
7) Boil the resultant puree by transferring it into a saucepan.
8) Add some vermicelli along with the salt and pepper.
9) Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
10) Serve immediately.