Creamy Ham and Mushroom Pasta Bake
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, halved (200 Gram)|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), finley sliced|
|Plain flour||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Milk||18 Fluid Ounce (500 Milliliter)|
|Ham||5 Ounce, chopped (140 Gram)|
|Mature cheddar||5 Ounce, grated (140 Gram)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas mark 6.
2) Boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack. Drain the excess water and keep it aside.
3) In a large saucepan, melt a some butter.
4) Sauté the mushrooms for 2 minutes. Take the mushrooms out and set it aside. Wipe out the grease from the pan using some kitchen paper.
4) In the same pan, melt the rest of butter. Spoon in most of the onions, and sauté for 1 min till they soften.
5) Add the flour and stir for 1 min. After that, pour in the milk slowly so that it forms a lump-free sauce.
6) Turn up the heat and simmer the sauce. Stir continuously for a few mins to thicken the sauce.
7) Switch off the heat and add the ham and most of the cheese. Season it.
8) In a large ovenproof dish, add in the cooked pasta and mushrooms. Pour the sauce over the pasta and mushrooms and mix them well.
9) Sprinkle the remaining cheese and spring onions over it.
10) Bake for 10 mins until the dish turns golden. Remove and serve warm.