Creamy Crab Fettuccine
|Imitation crabmeat sticks||1 Pound|
|Fettuccine||6 Ounce (Uncooked)|
|Margarine/Butter||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Celery ribs||2 , chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Reduced fat sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Reduced fat mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cornflake crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut crabmeat into bite-size pieces. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, parsley, salt and black pepper in large bowl. Add crabmeat, pasta and vegetable mixture, stirring gently to combine. Pour into prepared dish.
4. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons margarine. Combine cornflake crumbs and margarine in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over casserole.
5. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Garnish with chives, if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3300 Calories from Fat 1425
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 159 g244.6%
Saturated Fat 46.8 g234.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 221.7 mg73.9%
Sodium 2520.8 mg105%
Total Carbohydrates 366 g122.1%
Dietary Fiber 16.7 g66.7%
Sugars 53.7 g
Protein 107 g214.1%
Vitamin A 220.1% Vitamin C 275.4%
Calcium 126.3% Iron 238.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet