|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped cooked spinach||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot chicken broth/Cube / canned consomme||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Sift the flour into a large bowl, add 1 teaspoon salt. Mix thoroughly.
2. Break the eggs into a saucer, then drop the yolks into the flour. Stir.
3. Add warm water, 1 teaspoonful at a time until the mixture can be formed into a stiff dough. Knead until smooth, then cover and let stand 30 minutes.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and roll out 1/16 inch thick. Cut in strips 3 inches wide.
5. Mix the well-drained chopped spinach with the cheese, crumbs and the rest of the salt. Stir in 1 egg white, slightly beaten.
6. Arrange 2 teaspoons of this mixture 2 inches apart on half of the strips of dough. Top each strip with an unfilled strip and with a sharp knife cut in 2 squares in such a manner that a mound of filling is in the center of each. Pinch the edges of the dough together to seal each little square of ravioli.
7. Drop into rapidly boiling chicken stock. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the ravioli with a slotted spoon to a hot platter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1401 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.8%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 477.9 mg159.3%
Sodium 4737.7 mg197.4%
Total Carbohydrates 208 g69.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.5%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 66 g132.6%
Vitamin A 70% Vitamin C 19.4%
Calcium 84.6% Iron 86.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet