Shrimp Ravioli with Tomatoes and Olives
|Olive oil||10 Tablespoon|
|Canned anchovies||2 Ounce, drained|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon (To Taste)|
|Very ripe plum tomatoes||3 Pound, cored, peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|Chopped shallots||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped garlic||3 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nicoise olive||4 Ounce, pitted and chopped|
|Small capers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), well drained|
|Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh basil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Large shrimp||1 Pound, peeled and deveined|
|Olive oil||4 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped shallots||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped garlic||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh thyme||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Egg white||1 , lightly beaten|
|Wonton wrappers||50 (1 Package)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Assemble the mise en place trays.
2. To make the sauce, heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the anchovies and red pepper flakes and cook for about 4 minutes or until the anchovies "melt."
3. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes, until very soft. Stir in the shallots, garlic, olives, capers, parsley, and basil. Season to taste with pepper. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
4. To make the ravioli filling, use a sharp knife to cut the shrimp into nuggets the size of peas.
5. In a medium-sized saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and saute for 2 minutes, or until just cooked. Stir in the shallots, garlic, parsley, cilantro, and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and allow to cool (about 20 minutes).
6. When the shrimp mixture is cool, stir in the egg white.
7. Separate the wonton wrappers. Using a small pastry brush dipped in cold water, moisten the edges of 1 wonton wrapper. Place 1 teaspoon of the cooled shrimp mixture in the center. Fold over diagonally into a triangle and pinch the edges together to seal. Put the ravioli on a parchment-lined baking sheet and continue making ravioli until all the wrappers are used.
8. Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil over high heat. When boiling, lightly salt the water.
9. Drop the ravioli into the boiling water one by one. Stir gently to prevent sticking and return the water to a slow boil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the ravioli bob to the surface of the pot. Lift the ravioli out of the water with a slotted spoon and carefully put into a colander to drain.
10. While the ravioli are cooking, warm the sauce over low heat.
11. Place the ravioli on a warm serving platter, and spoon the warm sauce over the top. Serve immediately.
Calories 728 Calories from Fat 376
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.6%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.4 mg42.1%
Sodium 1796 mg74.8%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.6%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 28 g56.2%
Vitamin A 64.1% Vitamin C 64.9%
Calcium 32.5% Iron 36.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet