Pasta with Eggplant
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Elbow macaroni/Other pasta||1 Pound|
|Canned tomato sauce/Basic tomato sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Pound, cut into slivers|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Peel the eggplants and cut them into one-half-inch slices. Brown the slices in the oil and drain on absorbent paper.
2. Cook the macaroni in four quarts or more boiling salted water until just tender but still firm. Drain well. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
3. Return the macaroni to the pot, add the sauce and stir well.
4. In a large greased casserole, arrange the macaroni, eggplant and moz-zarella in layers. Dot with butter and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
5. Place in oven and bake, uncovered, until bubbly and lightly browned, about twenty minutes.
Calories 695 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.3%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.8 mg16.6%
Sodium 828.4 mg34.5%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.4%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 25 g49.2%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 15.9%
Calcium 33.4% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet